REGISTER HERE as an A4E reader, author, reviewer, and/or Spanish language translator.
Allies for Education (A4E) is CSU Channel Islands' online, open-access journal for students, parents, G-16+ educators and administrators (gestation through graduate school), elected officials, and other concerned community members.
A4E publishes brief, accessible, peer-reviewed research summaries and other education-related works. It exists to engage and inform the public about educational issues that have been diluted, misappropriated, confused, complicated, or otherwise made inaccessible. A4E works are short and approachable, ideal for focused, text-based discussions. Submissions in English and Spanish are welcome.
- Kaia Tollefson, Editor
- Mary Adler
- Anna Izaguirre
- Sunghee Nam
- Mayra Vega
- Dianne Wilson-Graham
SPANISH LANGUAGE TRANSLATORS:
- Jacquelinne Avena
- Carina Casillas-Gerrero
- Erica Jiménez
- Monica Sanchez
- John Suarez
- Sheila Suarez
- José García (Spanish language)
- Rachel Soper (English language)
AUTHORS are invited to write for one of five sections of the journal, whose purposes are:
1. to promote research-based discussion about education and related disciplines, encouraging connections and conversations that we have not typically had across our roles in education
- Legislation, Policy, and Research Summaries Section: Which published, peer-reviewed works in education and related disciplines are important for A4E readers (i.e., parents, educators, students, administrators, elected officials, and other community members) to understand and be able to discuss with each other?
2. to deepen understandings across our various roles in education through sharing personal perspectives and experiences (published anonymously, upon request)
- Perspectives from the Field Section: As a student parent, educator, administrator, elected official, or other community member, what is your experience or perspective on x, y, or z that you wish people in other roles could better understand and take into account when making decisions and taking actions?
3. to provide a space for students, parents, G-16+ educators and administrators, elected officials, and other community members to publish other works to promote learning and conversation
- Book Reviews Section: What is the best new book you’ve read that you would recommend for readers in one of the following categories? Children’s Books, Young Adult Fiction, Parenting Books, Books for Educators
- Creative Works Section: How can creativity put readers in better touch with important issues in education? How can those issues be represented, other than via academic writing?
- Self Care and Health Section: Which research findings and other perspectives in health and/or physical education are important for A4E readers (i.e., parents, educators, students, administrators, elected officials, and other community members) to understand and be able to discuss with each other?